It’s (almost) the most wonderful time of the year! ‘Tis the season for family gatherings, Friendsgiving dinners and potluck parties. While you’re eating your way through the classic side dishes and traditional treats, give this terpene-rich appetizer a try!
This colorful twist on traditional hummus will stand out on any holiday table, while the smooth, mellow flavors will please even the pickiest of eaters. It’s packed with terpenes and antioxidants, and light enough to snack on without feeling too full (plus the baked beet chips make a great gluten-free alternative to pita bread).
- Limonene – Lemon
- Humulene – Coriander, Cilantro
- Linalool – Mint
- Pinene – Parsley
For Roasted Beet Hummus:
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red beet (3.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup tahini (2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For Baked Rainbow Chips:
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt
- 1 medium red beet, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow beet, thinly sliced
- 1 medium candy cane beet, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line two sheet trays with paper towel. Generously sprinkle each sheet tray with one tablespoon salt. Place the beet slices in a single layer, and season again with another tablespoon of salt.
- Place another layer of paper towel on the beets, pressing down firmly. Let stand at room temperature for one hour to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Remove the paper towel from the tray, brushing off excess salt. Make sure the beets are placed evenly on the trays. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the beets are crispy and lightly browning.
- Combine the diced beets, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, coriander, salt, cumin, and cayenne in a food processor. Run the processor until the ingredients are evenly combined. Slowly drizzle in the oil and continue to blend until you reach your desired consistency. Season with more salt to taste.
- Scoop the hummus into your favorite holiday serving dish and garnish with olive oil, lemon zest and herbs. Serve with beet chips.
Pro tip: Add crisp veggies like celery, carrots and cucumbers for extra dipping!
Talk to a Wellness Advisor
If you think cannabis can help you take back your wellness, talk to one of our Wellness Advisors to learn more!
First Time Customer Offer
Receive 60% off your first purchase and 40% off your second purchase. Your discount will be applied when you pick up your order.
Excludes accessories. Cannot be combined with other discounts.