Do I Qualify?
In Florida, to qualify to become a medical marijuana patient, you must meet 2 conditions:
- Be a full-time or seasonal resident of Florida.
- Diagnosed with a qualifying condition by a licensed physician.
Only a licensed physician (M.D. or D.O.) can diagnose you and recommend medical cannabis. The physician must be licensed or certified to recommend medical cannabis.
You can schedule your appointment with the nearest licensed physician using our tool:
Apply for Your Patient Card
Once your physician qualifies and recommends medical marijuana for you, your doctor will begin your application process by entering your information into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry (MMUR).
- You will receive an email with a user name and password to login to the Florida MMUR
- You will to need apply and pay $75 to the Florida Department of Health (FDOH)
- For online applications, FDOH accepts debit or credit cards
- You can also print and mail your application.
- However, mail-applications may take longer to process.
- To be eligible for seasonal residence, you must live in Florida for 31 consecutive days or more a year.
- Bring your valid Florida state ID and 12 months of medical records to your doctor’s appointment.
- Make sure your doctor enters your information accurately. Bring proof of residency that matches the address on your state ID. If these addresses don’t match, it may delay the process.
- In 7 to 14 days after your application, you should receive an email that your registration is complete. Your ID card will come in the mail soon. Until it does, you can use your Florida driver’s license or state ID to purchase your cannabis treatments.
Become a Patient
Talk to our Wellness Advisor to learn how to become a medical marijuana patient.